Here it is folks... my first post-architecture-school project:

...creating a home for myself out of Jack Larimore's 1971 Airstream trailer. Follow along as it comes to life.

(click on images to see em larger)

(and don't forget to check the PAGES)

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

HEY Y'ALL!!!

This blog has just awakened from a deep, deep sleep....

That's right. Its back, baby. Back in action.

I'm comin' atcha with Airstreamlined Force!





If you thought nothing has been happening...

...Woah there. You thought wrong.

We've been makin' moves and shakin' grooves.
There has been whole bunches of progress.

We've got full working plumbing
We've got built in this, built in that
We've got all sorts of sweet details...

There are many stories to be told.
There will be many installments

I'll pick up where I left off.

15 months ago.... I left you all with a cliffhanger.

Now, I know you've all just been on 
the edge of your seats since then wondering

"How did the burnt plywood floor turn out?"

How you think it turned out?!?

Dy-No-Mite. 

Thats how.




And then here it is after a few coats of spar varnish:




And there's been more floor action.

We used the same plywood for the bathroom floor
except we tiled it, bleached it, and stained it white

here it is pre-whitening:



And some bird keeps using this bathroom preemptively....
and in the wrong places....


I cleaned it, whitened it some more
and i'll be damned if he did do it again.



No respect, these birds.

Here's a meeting of the floors.
15 months later, that threshold is still unresolved....















2 comments:

  1. Benn

    I'm getting ready to start a 1970 Airstream Ambassador project. Glad I found this site to follow. Are you on the Airstream forums with this. I work in a cabinet shop and restore cars for fun i cant wait to start the airstream. Would it be possible to get the cad files that you have done? i know just enough to get in trouble. I will gladly pay you for them.

    Thanks
    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very exciting right? I'd love to see what you do with it. there need to me more experimental airstream remodeling projects out there. go ahead. get yourself into some trouble.

      There's been a lot of progress since the blog was last updated. I'd be more than happy to send you the CAD drawing set i put together. I wouldn't treat it as fact - inferences were made - but its a pretty good starting point to play around with. send me an email - colkerb@gmail.com - and i'll send you the set. i don't want any money for it. just keep me posted how it goes!

      Delete