Here it is folks... my first post-architecture-school project:

...creating a home for myself out of Jack Larimore's 1971 Airstream trailer. Follow along as it comes to life.

(click on images to see em larger)

(and don't forget to check the PAGES)

Monday, April 25, 2011

WASTED WASTE WATER

IT HAS BEGUN....

While taking measurements and starting to sketch design ideas, Jack figured we might as well get moving on the things we knew we'd have to address. First up - the bathroom.

Jack had decided on fixed plumbing. That sounded great to me.

The waste water storage tank had to go. It was located in a dropped down section of the chassis between the two main longitudinal beams, covered by a much-decayed aluminum panel.

So I got a some tools and 
stuck my face under this thing's rear end.




I removed the Airstream's spleen... or appendix... 
some organ it no longer needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment